Old April 28th 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] keithraeburn@aol.com is offline

Default Building visible from the Heathrow Express

It's a very nice church in a very nice situation - could almost be set
in rolling countryside rather than London W7, especially when viewed
from the Wharncliffe Viaduct (which carries the railway over Brent
River Park there, or the "Bunny Park" as it is known locally). They say
that on her trips from London to Windsor, Queen Victoria used to
request that the Royal Train stop on the viaduct to allow her to admire
the view - although in her day, that view wouldn't have included the
rather breeze-block-like Ealing Hospital which now dominates the
picture from the south side of the viaduct. There's a very nice
thatched cottage nearby on Church Road too that looks a little out of
place somehow! The church itself nestles inside the park and there's an
animal centre where you can go and see the animals too...we used to
have to do cross-country all through the parkland when I was at school.
It's a nice area.