Old August 19th 03, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Fares From January 2004

Stevie wrote:
CJG wrote:
Apparently all fares are going up by 25% on the Tube.
And the 70p bus fare is going up to £1. I guess the £1 fare is going
up to? Anyway 25%???? Just a tiny bit over the rate of inflation
then?
Anyway I think considering LU fares are a rip off already. 25% rise
is just taking the ****.
But then thankfully I won't be living in London by next year. So Im
not all that bothered.
I do feel sorry for commuters who to be honest do pay over the odds
for
a **** service.
The thing is. LU provide a service like they do. Then charge these
fares. And then can't understand why people are queuing up to bash
them.

However, apparently this increases are only for people buying tickets
with cash. If you use Oystercard prepay then the prices are staying
the same - it's all part of some grand plan to get everyone using
Oystercard.

The 25% increase is only for people buying single or return tube tickets for
Zone 1 only. Other cash fares have much more modest increases, in most
cases going up by 10p or 20p for single or 1-day fares.

--
Richard J.