Old August 19th 03, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Oyster Card - how's it work?

On 19/8/03 6:35 pm, in article
, "Adrian"
wrote:

Dave wrote in message
Bart writes
Does anyone have any idea when South West Trains at Waterloo will be
able to start issuing season tickets on Oystercard?

Not for a long, long time.

At present, you can only buy monthly and annual cards from the website.
Once this part of the 'public trial' is complete, they will be adding
weeklies, stored-value and LU stations/pass agents. I reckon NR
stations will be the last to offer Oyster (if at all).

The facility to add stored value has now been added - used it at the weekend.

Let's call it by it's proper name shall we - Pre Pay

I didn't realise you could get it now - who, what, how, where, when... ?

Thinking about it though, what use it when you've already got your monthly
or annual ticket anyway? Unless of course your monthly expires so you've got
some 'emergency' funds on the card?

Steve.