Old April 29th 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default Pre-pay routeing question

"Terry Harper" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:28:09 GMT, "Graham J"
wrote:

I've also never really been clear about how smart the validators are. To
switch the scenario to stations I am familiar with, if one switches
between
tube and Thameslink at Farringdon, is one expected to touch-out on the
tube
platform and in on the NR one (or vice-versa) or is just one validation on
either sufficient for the system to sort it all out. Similarly if
switching
between tube and Tramlink at Wimbledon, is validating on the Tramlink
platform sufficient for the system to register a touch-out from the tube
system?

Thameslink have notices up specifying in which area you can use
Oysters. Roughly speaking it is at stations between West Hampstead and
Elephant and Castle. Probably London Bridge as well, BICBW.

Their website appears to be silent on the subject.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society

I believe there are historical agreements where NR Operators have to accept
an LUL ticket in exchange for an agreed share of revenue.
'Interoperable routes' going back to the days the lines were actually built.

Although these routes are irrelevant to Zonal Travelcards (which are valid
on all NR & LUL services in Greater London), and LUL do not issue single /
return tickets between specific named NR stations, I believe they do have
the right to as long as they can ensure that correct revenue goes to the
operator as per the old agreement.

At a guess, a Pre-Pay Oyster card 'ticket' does record the stations
travelled between, so LUL can now prove that a journey on an interoperable
route has been made, and can pay the operator accordingly (something that
can't be done with Zone based paper single / return tickets issued by LUL).
Someone at LUL must have been on the ball to pick up on this!

Anyway, the routes are as follows (standard class only!):

Amersham - Marylebone
Euston - Watford Junction
Fenchurch Street - Upminster
Finsbury Park - Moorgate
Gunnersbury - Richmond
Stratford - Liverpool Street
Stratford - West Ham
Kentish Town - Elephant & Castle / London Bridge / Moorgate

Colin