Old April 29th 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default round thing outside liverpool street

wrote in message
ups.com...
Now, I know a bit about the history of broadgate, and that it used to
be a mainline station called broad street, and assumed that these might
be the old lift shafts for the broad street entrance to liverpool
street central line tube station, since they seem to be close to above
where the bridge runs over the west end of the eastbound platform.

I believe they are associated with the Central Line substation, the cables
to/from which use an old Broad Street escalator shaft. Whether they
correspond to the old lift-shafts I wouldn't like to say.