Old August 19th 03, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Neil is offline

Default Oyster Card - how's it work?

"Adrian" wrote in message

Was travelling into Zone 1 from Tooting Broadway on Saturday and noticed

the
facility to add pre-pay when buying an ticket at one of the touch screen
machines. After choosing my ticket, the screen gave me the option to "Pay
Using Oystercard". Holding my Oystercard to the reader gave the option of
adding pre-pay (in increments of £5)

So you have to put money on your Oyster, then use that stored money to buy a
physical ticket before you travel? I thought the idea was that the
appropriate amounts of money would just be deducted from your Oyster as and
when you travelled?