Old May 1st 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 is offline

Default Oyster card for visitor?

"Joe" writes:

Not quite... You have to specify the start date for each travelcard
and can only buy them one month in advance. You could pay the

deposit
and for the first 7 day travelcard the first time you come and then

buy
another 7 day on it the second time

Couldn't the OP do prepay and then let the capping take over, or
wouldNt that work?

As I understand it, the capping is at the level of a one day
Travelcard. The 7 day is much cheaper per day. I'll keep a log, to
see if prepay would have worked out more cheaply (and it might, since
I walk a lot), but we'll see.

73, doug