Old May 4th 05, 01:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sunil Sood Sunil Sood is offline

Default Activating Oyster Cards at Railway Stations

"Mick" wrote in message
The best solution is to purchase the Oyster card to request that the
ticket
be active from "tomorrow" whilst in the city and then when heading into
work
the following morning, I will be able to enter Surbiton station using my
new
travel pass on my Oyster card.

When buying a Oyster ticket online, its not available for immediate pickup -
I think the system only updates nightly (i.e. if you buy a ticket online on
Monday, you can't pick it up until Tuesday) - so what you suggest will work
but you need to leave an extra day in - i.e. buy the ticket on Monday to
start on Wednesday and it will be picked up on Tuesday as you go through
your nominated underground station.

Regards
Sunil