Old May 5th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default WWII Bunker

In message , Kat
writes
lonelytraveller wrote:
I didn't think the tube was as far south as the cathedral. Do you mean
a law about the bombed out church?

I did wonder about that too but I'm only repeating what I was told.

It was the Dean 7 Chapter (ie the "Cathedral authorities") who
complained about the shelter tunnelling shortly after it began.

The complaint was actually about disturbance to the former churchyard, I
understand, rather than the fabric of the Cathedral per se.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk