Old May 6th 05, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris! Chris! is offline

Default Putney

Brimstone wrote:
So the Tory candidate won in Putney and one of her objectives is to

sort out
the District Line.

Does she have even the foggiest idea of what she's talking about?

She claimed (in her campaign material) that LU have agreed to extend
the Wimblewares by one carriage. I asked LU customer services who said
that hadn't been decided and at any rate wouldn't happen until
2013-2016 due to platform length issues. Ms Greening didn't reply to
my email querying this.

She wants to renew the track (apparently that's happening on the 21/22
May anyway so she doesn't need to do much - I wonder if she will have
claimed to have done it.

She does have experience of using it frequently and has been
campaigning about it (rather quietly) for a while though. Hopefully
she will campaign for sensible things to be done to improve the line
rather than expecting the impossible.