Old May 7th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Platforms at Warren Street

In article . com,
The platforms are probably placed like that because there were
restrictions - either engineering or legal - on the running tunnels
"parting" to allow them to be placed inbetween.

The only thing I can think of is if the road narrowed by the station,
but it does the opposite - its wider here than at goodge street.

Remember that the line does a zig-zag once it's crossed Euston Road;
keeping the tracks together may have assisted with that.

some modernising like blocking off a small passage at the

interchange
level that curves to the left,

Thinking about it, this must head due south, about half way down warren
street itself, (as the escalators to the victoria head south west)
which is totally bizarre

I asked about that passage a few years ago on this group and got an
answer; Google should be able to locate it (I'm off-line right now, so
can't).

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: