Old May 7th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Sudbury Hill (Harrow) lack of information

There was some discussion on this group not so long ago about
promoting Sudbury Hill and Sudbury Hill Harrow as interchange
stations.

I was at Sudbury Hill the other day, during the week-and-a-half-long
eastbound platform closure. The posters at the station advised
passengers for central London to travel to South Harrow using a
westbound train then return on an eastbound. This would add approx 7
to 17 mins to the usual journey time. I didn't see any mention at all
of the Chiltern service from Sudbury Hill Harrow to Marylebone.

This seemed to me a bit uninformative - they could have saved some
passengers time by bringing the service to their attention and putting
a list of the Chiltern departure times on the poster.

This contrasts with the situation at Harrow-on-the-Hill during the
weekend Met closures, where passengers for central London are advised
and encouraged to use Chiltern rather than the LU replacement buses.