Old May 8th 05, 02:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
lonelytraveller lonelytraveller is offline

Default round thing outside liverpool street

there are some passages like that now for the other entrance to the
tube (the one with escalators going both ways, left and right), but
they would have been outside the building on the cab road in 1985,
unless they moved them. I guess that ticket office itself would have
been just inside, as I think its dead in the centre of the whole
station now, so I suppose they could have moved them, but Id have
thought it would have been more sensible to just have steps straight
into it, or have made the escalators go to the surface or something,
and come out just by the offices, unless it was under platform 9?

But if thats the case, then why did they build it in the one place
inside the station they couldn't get to the surface?.