Old May 8th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default London's Integrated Transport Policy

Mick wrote:
There are two ways to travel into London. One is by car and the other
is by train.

Travelling by car is discouraged by the Congestion Charge. Especially
as there is talk of expanding the catchment area as well. They
obviously want you to catch public transport.

Anyone who uses public transport (trains) can tell you that the
system is nearly full already - this is confirmed by reports that
some train operators are considering increasing the ticket prices to
reduce the number of people on the trains back to a manageable level
(as if using a supply/demand model can work on a public service -
where do they get these boffins??!!)

Has anyone in London heard of an "Intergrated Transport Policy" or
something similar? Or are we, the punters, going to get shafted both
ways with the above proposals. There are too many people in London,
no one is doubting that - I just wish they would have the balls to
come out and say it - "We want you to leave - we're full".

THe whole of the UK lacks a coherent planning and transport policy. London
is not unique, merely different..