Old May 8th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default WWII Bunker

In article .com,
lonelytraveller writes
What I meant was, wasn't it possibly for them just to add the
prefabricated steel tunnel rings into an already existing cavern? It
would save a lot of effort.

Even if such a cavern existed (which I doubt), putting a line of steel
rings across it isn't easy - they'll all fall down! You need to build a
viaduct across it (as was done on line 7bis in Paris).

Or are you suggesting that there's a natural tunnel-shaped cavern under
East London?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: