Old May 8th 05, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Sudbury Hill (Harrow) lack of information

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
oups.com...

Maybe, maybe not - at worst the entire platform surface would need to
be demolished and rebuilt. Considering the poor state of the platform
furniture at Sudbury Hill, Chiltern may simply choose to knock it down
and build a new platform on top of the old, a la Risborough.

I could be wrong but I'd always assumed that the current platforms at
Sudbury Hill, Harrow are replacements and that the originals were on the
platform loops, as at Wembley Stadium and the Ruislips, hence my previous
comments where I was assuming that remaining widths between the existing
platforms and the edge of the formation would be insufficient to reinstate a
permanent way (and for NR/HSE to permit a double sided platform).

Risborough had to be entirely replaced as the structural investigation
revealed that water/frost ingress had caused the platform walls to bulge and
the original structure was consequently condemned.