Old May 9th 05, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default WWII Bunker

In article . com,
lonelytraveller writes
Apparantly the bethnal green cavern is close to the location of the
deep level shelter/bunker, nearer liverpool street, but past the
sidings. I know that when I've gone that way, there is a small gap in
the tunnel wall on the inside of the line in a location that
approximately matches that description.

There is an access and ventilation shaft somewhere around there. Hardly
a cavern.

The 7bis Cavern sounds cool though. Can you imagine being on the
central line in a boring tunnel and then going over a huge viaduct in
an underground cavern, that would be amazing.

As I said; nothing to see.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: