Old May 9th 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marty Marty is offline

Default Sudbury Hill (Harrow) lack of information

TheOneKEA wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

Only their long distance passengers. Their lack of interest in

serving local

London journeys is blatant and seemingly out of character.

I suspect that this treatment of local London passengers is not
entirely down to any malicious reasons - I would point to
infrastructure constraints as the primary reason, closely followed by
lack of ridership, proximity to higher-frequency transport and
unsuitable journey opportunities - does anyone living at Northolt Park,
Sudbury Hill, Sudbury & Harrow Road or Wembley Stadium want to go
anywhere that can be reached from Marylebone or the Ruislips?

Forgive my ignorance - hard to keep up from 12,000 km away, but is the
"New North" line out from Old Oak Common to Northolt Jcn still used by
any passenger trains from Paddington? ISTR the line was singled in part
some years ago, but that there was still the occasional train from Padd
to (presumably) Birmingham

Marty
New Zealand