Old August 20th 03, 06:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Fares From January 2004

In message , Phil Richards
writes
In that case why not pop in to your local friendly pass agent to buy
your Travelcard before making your initial bus journey?

This is a good point. My office is on an estate far away from a town or
newsagents. So if I want to go out in the evening. I have to pay 70p to
get the bus to the nearest tube station. And then buy an all zone travel
card.
Is it possible to buy off-peak day travel cards before 9am that you can
only use after 9am? I bet not.
If I was to present my newly machine brought unused all zone day travel
card and my recently used bus ticket would I get my 70p back? I bet not.
And how is Oyster going to help? Im still going to lose 70p credit when
I use the bus and then £5.10 when I buy my travel card 30mins later. So
Im not better off.
--
CJG