Old May 10th 05, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Liney Dave Liney is offline

Default Putney-Vauxhall via Kingston

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Chris! wrote:
Neillw001 wrote:

Chris! wrote:

Several weeks ago I was advised by NRE that one leg of a journey I
was
making should be made from Putney to Vauxhall on a train which
turned
out to be a circular one going from Putney via Kingston, Wimbledon
etc.
to Vauxhall. Obviously this is a bad choice because there are much
quicker trains going the other way around the circle.

My question is... if NRE say you can go from Putney to Vauxhall on
via Kingston, via Wimbledon etc. service does that make it a valid
route and could someone with a zone 1 and 2 travelcard make that
journey but abandon it at, say, Kingston?

Kingston is in Zone 6 so presumably you need a Zone 6 Travelcard to
make it valid. Putney is classed as being in both Zones 2 & 3 as far
as
I can remember, so any journey beyond there would not be valid on a
Zone 1 & 2 card.

Ok, so what about with a single ticket from Putney to Vauxhall?

I think you're allowed to use a ticket on any direct train between your
origin and destination, regardless of the route it takes - but you
probably wouldn't be able to get off at Kingston or any intermediate
point.

You can break your journey with a Standard or Cheap Day Single and you can
take any direct train with an Any Permitted routed ticket so if you can buy
one of them they you could go Putney - Kingston with it.

Dave