Old May 10th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
WHUK WHUK is offline

Default Oyster card season tickets

Ticket Office staff have been advised through the Traffic Circular to 'void'
the pre-pay journey where it is clear that the customer would have renewed
their travelcard had they realised it had expired. To qualify the ticket
must have expired the previous day AND the customer renews their travelcard
at the same time.

"Kat" wrote in message
lonelytraveller wrote:
When oyster card season tickets expire, it still lets you through the
gates for one journey the next day. But it charges you pre-pay, and
even when you renew the season ticket, you still have to pay the
pre-pay fee. So that day cost you twice the amount it normally would.

Is there any way of avoiding this, or getting your money back?

I mentioned this a while back just before capping was implemented.
I think it's unfair if the expired ticket is renewed on the first day of
its expiry and needless to say, it causes us endless problems at the
gates. It's not much of an incentive for season ticket holders to keep
some pre-pay on their Oysters for the occasional extension either because
someone without pre-pay will be stopped after one journey when a debit is
incurred.
We were told that it was necessary for pre-pay capping to work correctly.
Please complain to customer services and not to station staff who have no
control over this!
--
Kat