Old May 10th 05, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default [OT] IC (Was: Heathrow)

Dave Newt wrote:
gw2486 wrote:

gw2486 wrote:

Is it that place underneath the Sherfield building? I'm nearing the end
of my fourth year and just spotted the bar down there the other night.
Or is that something else?

Yes, that's it. Bar, officially, for non-teaching staff, but I don't get
the impression anyone cares who goes in.

I can't believe I missed it for so long!

Me too - I'd worked there for four years when someone who had worked
there two weeks told me about it. Apparently, their staff induction tour
was taken by someone who knew it, and I don't remember ever getting a
tour when I started.

Aha... I was introduced to it after about two weeks too - just by a
society meeting. I haven't been back to it since, though.

Having said that, I'd rather drink around students in Southside than
with a bunch of other administrators (well most!), so I don't think I
went in there more than twice ever.

You won't have the option much longer... it'll be the Union bars or nothing.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7