Old May 10th 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Boothroyd David Boothroyd is offline

Default WWII Bunker

In article ,
"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:
In article , WHUK writes
Please excuse and forgive me if this is VERY old hat but I have been away
from the Newsgroup for a long time.

As I understand it a certain length of additional tunneling was done on the
central line way back with a view to having extra tracks. This work was
abandoned and I know one section was taken over by what was then the GPO
(BT) as an underground exchange.

That's the Chancery Lane Deep Shelter.

Known as 'Kingsway'. Entered, in the best spy tradition, from a bland
office frontage on High Holborn.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"We can also agree that Saddam Hussein most certainly has chemical and biolog-