Old May 12th 05, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default London's Integrated Transport Policy

On Sun, 08 May 2005 08:51:51 GMT, Neil Williams wrote:

I've long said there should be serious tax breaks for companies
relocating their HQs out of London to other cities

Why? The economic case is already quite beneficial with all the London
Weighting that's saved. The company I used to work for built a prestige
HQ 50 miles out, and the LW savings paid for it in 8 years. (Probably 7,
actually, if the annual increases which would have happened but didn't
are allowed for).

For tax breaks to compare, I think they would have to be terminally
serious in some cases ;-)

--
A bit unusual: http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p13145898.html
(A panoramic 5-megapixel view of Wimbledon Depot Open Day, 1991)