Old May 12th 05, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Route 73 - no longer better from every angle

On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:59:24 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:
It would be nice if it was used to announce the next stop - I've only
heard this done once. It would also have been better if TfL had moved
on from their archaic insistence on the use of roller blinds, when the
rest of the country has moved onto the vastly superior LED technology,
and installed an integrated passenger information system with internal
LEDs showing next stop and route information.

Next stop announcements, if done sensibly (just the name, not the rest
of the doors opening/closing nonsense, which if required should IMO be
distinct tones common across all transport modes) would be excellent,
I agree. LEDs are vastly easier for the operator... are they better
for the user? TfL probably believes not, and I think they have a
point where main intermediate stops are listed. Of course, displays
inside the bus could be provided whatever the technology on the front.

Richard.