Old August 20th 03, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.road
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default researching mega traffic jams

In article , Craig Holl
writes
Mike Hughes wrote:
Try this site to see what happens to traffic when one incident slows
vehicles down.

http://vwisb7.vkw.tu-dresden.de/~tre.../simFrame.html

A couple questions:

- Is the stop light scenario only supposed to change from red to green once?

Yes, as far as I am aware. It shows what happens further along the road,
even though the previous cause of a hold up has long gone.

- What is the ramp p_ factor and the delta b ramp?

Don't know for sure, but it seems to be something to do with the speed
at which vehicles can join.

I just play with this site I had nothing to do with it otherwise (but it
can be a little bit addictive!)

--
Mike Hughes, a Brighton *licensed* taxi driver.
At home in Tarring, Worthing, West Sussex, England

Need a taxi from Brighton Worthing Gatwick or Heathrow - please visit this
site*
www.gatwick-taxi.com