Old May 13th 05, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve M Steve M is offline

Default Route 73 - no longer better from every angle

Neil Williams wrote:

It would be nice if it was used to announce the next stop - I've only
heard this done once. It would also have been better if TfL had moved
on from their archaic insistence on the use of roller blinds, when the
rest of the country has moved onto the vastly superior LED technology,
and installed an integrated passenger information system with internal
LEDs showing next stop and route information.

The technology exists, and has done for *many* years. It's not even
that expensive, and it is well-proven.

Neil

There was a bendy demonstrator on the 436 earlier this week. It looked
just like every other bus on the route except it had a very bright
orange LED destination display. I can't recall whether it listed
intermediate places like the roller blinds do, but what it did show was
clear and quite eye-catching.

Cheers,

Steve