Old May 14th 05, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Drain prices

On Fri, 13 May 2005 12:05:21 +0100, "londoncityslicker"
wrote:

"J Lynch" wrote in message

"lonelytraveller" wrote in
message oups.com...
As far as I know the passage is inside the gateline - as the gateline
blocks the travelator and the steps, and the other end of the passage
is inside the gateline for the rest of the tube station.

But, you could just get the DLR from limehouse or something and go all
the way to waterloo without passing gates..

You can do the same by boarding a WAGN Great Northern, inner or outer
suburban, train at just about any station (subject to the rare on train
check), travelling to Old Street, Northern Line to Bank and W&C to

Waterloo.
Having made the journey from Hitchin to Portsmouth recently and not having
my ticket checked until travelling on the Portsmouth train, I know this is
possible.

I thought they have ticket gates at Bank (at all points into the W&C)

No, the gates are only in line with entrance from the surface. You
can interchgange between the Northern or Central and the W&C and not
hit any at all. This is significant in that it's possible to get
_onto_ the Northern from, say, WAGN services into Moorgate or Old
Street without having to go through barriers, either.

And Waterloo has RPI staioned there at least once a month.

When the Piccadilly goes pear-shaped, I usually go into Moorgate via
WAGN, Northern to Bank, then W&C to Waterloo. Okay, it's only an
occasional journey, but I've never encountered any RPIs (although
obviously it's legitimately covere by my T/card).

--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk