Old May 14th 05, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] chobbs@socal.rr.com is offline

Default New DLR suburban possibilities

Tom Anderson wrote:

[...] DLR extension to Catford

They're not planning to assimilate the railway line between Lewisham

and
Catford, are they? I guess not, since that would mean either cutting

off
the Mid Kent line to Hayes or building a connection from it to the

Catford
loop, to allow trains to get anywhere, and that would be extremely
expensive.

I rode the train from Lewisham to Elmer's End back in Sept 2001.
I recall the right-of-way being rather wide, like 3 or 4 tracks,
but my memory is fuzzy...