Old May 14th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison Graham Harrison is offline

Default LBC Satellite Data

"Vernon" wrote in message
When LBC Travel News talk of travel information derived from "Satellite
Data", what sort of satellite help are they getting? I am aware of GPS
for
navigation, but I can't see how that could help with determining the
levels
of realtime traffic problems.

Just curious, but does anyone here know?

I'm not sure which of these two is the non-professional version of RTT Nik
refers to. They both seem to be trials and often don't agree with one
another precisely!

http://www.trafficmap.co.uk/
http://www.highways.gov.uk/trafficinfo/ and choose current traffic
conditions

For a system that shows a map of bus routes with where the buses are (well
actually trams mostly) and you can hover on a vehicle to find out where it's
stopping next and also on stops to find what's due have a look at:

http://www.nextbus.com/predictor/stopSelector.jsp# then click on live map.
It's not all the transit in San Francisco but it is all the street cars (but
not the cable cars).