Old August 20th 03, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Fares From January 2004

Stevie wrote in message m...

However, apparently this increases are only for people buying tickets
with cash. If you use Oystercard prepay then the prices are staying the
same - it's all part of some grand plan to get everyone using Oystercard.

Presumably this means Oyster daily pre-pay will be fully available by
the time the new fares come in, otherwise we will all be paying the
increase.

I look forward to pre-pay being available, but I presume you will
always have to have at least enough credit on your card for the most
expensive tube-fare since the system will not know where you are going
until you get off (someone please explain if I'm wrong, I often am!).

I think I would prefer a 'post-pay' system, a much better
customer-service. Given their huge financial turnover I can't see any
reason why TfL shouldn't set up Oyster credit accounts (just like your
gas bill or credit card) and send out monthly bills for your travel.
Non-payment needn't be much of a problem if they made it direct-debit
only.

(re-posted to make it readable!)