Old May 15th 05, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Student Oyster

Chris! wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
(snip)

A far more verbose first post than intended - but thanks for the

heads

up on the Bus Pass / Travelcard pricing difference Mr Arquati.

You're very welcome. I'll probably get myself a Z2 7DTC as I'll most
likely be living in Zone 2 soon, and I'm almost certain to take the

Tube

at least once a week - saving myself a few pence in the process.

I don't have much of an urge to go to Croydon except about once a

year,

so I should be OK on the tram front. It's an interesting oddity

though!

I noticed the Tramlink odity too. Although if your just popping to
Ikea (or whatever else there is in Croydon) for a little while it
doesn't seem to charge you for the return journey

There's something else in Croydon except Ikea? I never did get further
than Ampere Way tramstop.

I think the lack of charging on the return journey is because if the
time from your touch-in is short enough, it considers you to be changing
trams.

The application of Oyster to the trams seems a bit messed up compared to
other modes. It would be more intuitive to either be touch in on
boarding (like buses) or touch in and touch out at the platform (like
the Tube). I know if the latter were the case, people could go off and
do their shopping and get back on the tram without officially leaving
the system, but it seems as though they can do that anyway under the
current system. There could be something stopping you touching in and
out at the same station after time interval X.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7