Old May 16th 05, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default A bridge far too low...

"Hugo" wrote in message
Seems like they did it again...
Check http://www.thisislondon.com/news/lon...icles/18511417

Do buses still have a prominent sign saying "This vehicle is X ft/ins high"?
I remember seeing signs like this on old buses when I was a child, but I've
not used buses much recently and on the occasions that I have, I've never
seen a sign.

If there is a clear sign, it's difficult to imagine how anyone could drive
under a low bridge. You might take an unauthorised detour and discover a low
bridge, but to drive under it rather than stopping to think "Help! What
now?" is unforgivable.