Old May 16th 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Route displays (was: Route 73 - no longer better from every angle)

In message , Richard J.
writes
Personally, I get bombarded with enough advertising already.

I agree. I really hate being bombarded with this on PT journeys. It
makes the journey substantially less enjoyable for me. But then maybe
it *is* just ,me?

Far worse are the video news displays on the Cross City Line trains in
Birmingham, where you get an edited version of that day's "Central news"
(the Midlands equivalent of "London Tonight". Now that really *is*
intrusive).

The real need is for a decent display of next/this stop, with
occasional updates of destination and journey times to there and key
intermediate points.

The RV1 had GPS updated screens giving all sorts of useful information
about attractions near stops when it was first introduced. They seem
to have vanished, though.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK