Old May 17th 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Countdown overhaul

On Tue, 17 May 2005 14:01:30 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

I think that's why Europe is currently investing so much in Galileo.

As I recall someone telling me (and it could be wrong), Galileo will
be chargeable, not free-to-air.

I can't help but think this is incredibly shortsighted.

Well, I don't think the buses will actually stop working - its just that
we might not know when they are coming any more.

True - but I'd agree. There is no reason why a well-designed beacon
based system using short-range radio should not return reliable
results.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain