Old August 20th 03, 02:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Thames Ranger Thames Ranger is offline

Default (OT) Tony Martin

"Jack Howard" wrote in message

Claiming that you should move to another,
more appropriate group isn't really that feasible, as few people are
subscribed to all 35,000~odd active groups!

It's perfectly feasible, and is frequently done in other groups. You simply
set the FU to a more appropriate group, note that you have set the FU in
your reply, and it's up to individuals to decide whether or not to subscribe
to that group (if not already) and continue the conversation there - where
it is likely to be of interest to those group members, and hence lead to a a
furtherence of the debate and discussion of the topic in question.

Taking it to a different group will be even more beneficial in the fact
there will be other more interested parties also contributing to the
discussion there. Certainly better than a continuation of OT posting, where
OT is quite often a prefix for "I'm too lazy to choose the most appropriate
group, set the followup and continue the discussion there, so I won't
bother, and will just continue OT here, as I don't really care".