Old May 18th 05, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default Tube power failure at 18:15 on 17 May

"pjcs" wrote in message
oups.com...
At about 18:15 last night there was a power failure which affected
several stations on the Victoria Line and led to some widely separated
lines being closed due to 'power supply problems'. My wife said that
the power at home went off for about a minute - 16 miles from central
London.

Anyone know what happened?

Don't have full details yet but it appears that there was a combine-wide
power surge that knocked out just about everything. At Arnos we lost all
power to Ash House, All stations lost power, the signal main went down and a
load of other stuff as well. The power came back after about 5 seconds but
knock on effects caused problems for the rest of the evening. The main
problem we had was that losing the signal main put all the signals back to
danger and unfortunately VK2 (protects eastbound cross-over from Picc to
Vic) got stabbed as a result. Cue half hour shut down on the east as we get
train authorised past under rule. Which buggered the east end service for
the next 3 hours or so...:-(
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.