Old May 18th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stevie Stevie is offline

Default New DLR suburban possibilities

"Boltar" wrote in message
ups.com...
I think the idea is to bring them in to Docklands, rather than all the

way from Bromley to Bank. It's a similar plan for the Dagenham Dock

Possibly , but the temptation will probably be there for commuters to
use
a tube type service with a 3 or 4 minute wait for a train over a
suburban service
with 10-15 mins. Besides , the distance from docklands to bank is a
much
smaller distance compared with that from bromley to docklands so I'm
not
sure that extra 3 miles will make much difference.

Personally, I live right next to Lewisham station - and I actually rather
get the DLR into Bank for work rather than get the train from Lewisham to
Cannon St. That's partially because generally during rush hour the DLR is
3-4 minutes compared to 15 mins on the train but, more importantly, because
you can, unless they're having a very bad day, pretty much be certain that
the DLR will arrive at Bank 25 mins later but on the train you've got pot
luck of any time between 8 mins to 45 mins.