Old May 19th 05, 06:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster capping - when does it kick in?

I've got a prepay Oyster, and used it on one of my infrequent trips to
London yesterday.

As I left KX, after my third trip on the tube, I checked the card and it
said I'd been charged for 3 lots of £1.70 (itself a bit of a shock - my
mental image is still around the £1.20 level). But that's £5.10
altogether. Shouldn't it have been capped at £4.70 [my first trip
started at 11.30am], or does it only get recalculated overnight?