Old May 19th 05, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster capping - when does it kick in?

In message , at 09:19:46 on
Thu, 19 May 2005, Graham J remarked:
As I left KX, after my third trip on the tube, I checked the card and it
said I'd been charged for 3 lots of £1.70 (itself a bit of a shock - my
mental image is still around the £1.20 level). But that's £5.10
altogether. Shouldn't it have been capped at £4.70 [my first trip
started at 11.30am], or does it only get recalculated overnight?

It should be capped as you go along provided you always touch out properly.
I take it you are 100% sure that it didn't actually cap you?

All I remember is seeing the three £1.70 fares listed. I'd like to check
this online, but am struggling to find the relevant url. I can see how
much credit is left (you don't even have to log in for that), but I've
gone through their lengthy online account registration and still can't
find it :-(