Old August 20th 03, 03:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jack Howard Jack Howard is offline

Default UKR Posting policy (was (OT) Tony Martin)

In message , Thames
Ranger writes
"John Mullen" wrote in message

I see your point.

Cool. Enough said. I'll leave it there then, as your point about S/N ratios
is also very true (and another good reason not to perpetuate OT posts).

Creative snipping?

I suggest you answer the other points he made as well.

IME, the chances of people subscribing to random other groups just to
follow a single discussion is somewhat unlikely. Where would you send
it anyway? alt.dev.null doesn't seem a very likely place to discuss the
Tony Martin case!

uk.legal might be a better choice, except that it is frequently over-run
with flame-wars. I'm interested in what the other people "here", in
uk.r, on the matter are, and particularly on the subject of protecting
property from trespassers and vandals, which is a significant item of
interest to TOCs and their staff. Try discussing that in uk.l and I
suspect the railway interest will soon be buried under a tide of
non-relevant posts.

--
- Jack Howard, Systems Development Engineer, Firstnet Services Limited
===[ http://www.firstnet.net.uk --- Total Internet Solutions ]===

===[ This message subject to http://www.firstnet.net.uk/disclaimer.html ]===