Old May 19th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jason Jason is offline

Default Oyster capping - when does it kick in?

On Thu, 19 May 2005 23:41:48 GMT, Jason wrote:

On Thu, 19 May 2005 07:41:09 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

I've got a prepay Oyster, and used it on one of my infrequent trips to
London yesterday.

As I left KX, after my third trip on the tube, I checked the card and it
said I'd been charged for 3 lots of £1.70 (itself a bit of a shock - my
mental image is still around the £1.20 level). But that's £5.10
altogether. Shouldn't it have been capped at £4.70 [my first trip
started at 11.30am], or does it only get recalculated overnight?

The last journey that takes you up to the cap should show as a reduced
price, and journeys after that show as £0.00.

This was my experience using capping late last in zones 1 to 3, and
getting capped at £5.20 for an off-peak Z1-4 travelcard.

Oops - forgot to say that the reduced price fare showed up immediately
after the journey I hit the cap - which I checked on the big
multi-fare ticket machine upon exiting the tube station. Looking the
next day the bus from tube to home was £0.00.

--
Cheers,

Jason.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.