Old May 20th 05, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Oyster capping - when does it kick in?

On Thu, 19 May 2005 17:45:20 +0100, asdf
wrote in :
You can ask at the ticket office for a printout of your recent
journeys. I did this last week, for just rhe reason you mention. I
was given one with no problem, but I was told you can only get one
that covers the last 8 journeys.

Does anyone know how much of your journey history they actually keep?
Do they only retain the last 8 journeys, or can they trace everywhere
you've been since you got the card?

There was a thread a few weeks ago that suggested about two months.
The last 8 journeys is just the display on ticket machines or the printout
at the ticket window. You are supposed to be able to get a fuller history
mailed to you on request but I've not had need to use that yet.

===
Question
How can I check my Pre Pay journey history?

Answer
At present it is not possible to view your Pre Pay journey history on
our website. You can check your Pre Pay journey history at the multifare
ticket machines at Tube stations or you can get a printout from the Tube
station ticket office. Both of these options will give you details of the
last eight journeys made.

Additionally, you can obtain a statement of your last eight weeks journey
history by emailing us your security password, this would either have been
your motherF˘s maiden name, a memorable place or a memorable date, please
remember to include your address for postage. You can also call the Oyster
card Helpline, on 0845 330 9876 to request a statement.

You can check your Pre Pay balance on the Oyster card sales website.
After you have set up an online account at sales.oystercard.com click on
'buy tickets for this card'. Please then select your Oyster card number
from the drop down menu at the top of the page and click on 'buy tickets'.
When you select this option you will be shown all current tickets and the
Pre Pay balance on your Oyster card. You will then have the option to
renew current period tickets, add further Pre Pay to your card or cancel.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN