Old May 20th 05, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
marcb marcb is offline

Default Whay can't we do the same here?

gay merrington wrote:

we here in London
have to pay through the nose by paying for every bus we hop on when other
cities around the world have similar systems around the world are similar to
Toronto

Yes, London transport is one of the most expensive, but you can get an off-peak
travel card for bus and tube in zones 1/2 for £4.70.

I've been to Toronto - there is only a small metro system and the buses take
ages to get round a huge city. Took us 2 hours to get to the zoo, i recall.

M.