Old May 20th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Beeching Report

I've read about the reports, but never actually read the words of the
committee themselves. I've bookmarked it and I'll go back there later.
It's always a good thing to be able to refer to the original source
material, thanks for making it available online Picadilly Pilot (any
relation to Pontius by the way?).

I'll enjoy reading the section predicting the traffic needs of 1984.
"It was also
assumed that the Scottish and North Eastern coal fields would decline
in importance..." says Mr Beeching of the year the miners strike began.