Old May 21st 05, 03:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephen Farrow Stephen Farrow is offline

Default Whay can't we do the same here?

Richard J. wrote:
marcb wrote:

gay merrington wrote:

we here in London
have to pay through the nose by paying for every bus we hop on
when other cities around the world have similar systems around the
world are similar to Toronto

Yes, London transport is one of the most expensive, but you can get
an off-peak travel card for bus and tube in zones 1/2 for £4.70.

Any Travelcard is valid for buses in *all* zones. A one-day Bus Pass
costs £3 which I would not call highway robbery.

Are the fares in Toronto subsidised out of taxation revenue?

Yes, but by comparatively little in comparison with most systems in North
America - a little over 80% of the TTC's income comes from the farebox, I believe.

--

Stephen

BEN: You know why I wanted to become a doctor?
MINION: Flattering drawstring pants?