Old May 21st 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Whay can't we do the same here?

On Sat, 21 May 2005 15:02:24 +0100, "Pingle"
wrote:

A one-day bus pass is £3.00. Not too bad, perhaps, but that's still £15.00 a
week if you use if every weekday.

But a bit stupid to do so, given that a one week Bus Pass is £11.00!

If I want to go from home to, say, the Strand, I can do it with one bus
trip. If I travel after 9:30, and use my Oyster prepay, it's 80p, so there
and back is £1.60. It doesn't take much working out to see that this is a
lot less than £3.00. If I did this every day for a week I would save £7.00.

Or only saying £3.00 compared to a bus Pass.

However, if I want to go to, say, Gower Street, that's two bus rides, total
cost £1.60. I often walk to save the mone, or use a bus which takes me
almost there but not quite. It's stupid that I have to do this. Ok, it's
only 80p, but twice a day, every day, it soon adds up.

Yes, to £5.00 more than buying a seven-day Bus Pass, and £1.00 more
than buying One-Day Passes.

--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk