Old May 22nd 05, 03:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris! Chris! is offline

Default Whay can't we do the same here?

Pingle wrote:
snip
However, if I want to go to, say, Gower Street, that's two bus rides,

total
cost £1.60. I often walk to save the mone, or use a bus which takes

me
almost there but not quite. It's stupid that I have to do this. Ok,

it's
only 80p, but twice a day, every day, it soon adds up.

Well campaign for the reintroduction of Routemasters then.. One of the
things remaining RMs are famous for is having conductors who rarely go
upstairs to sell tickets / read Oystercards (last time I was on a RM my
card wasn't read at all during the 45 min journey)

The unfortunate consequence of this is that those of us with season
tickets are subsidising other peoples travel...

Alightly related: What is happening when one/two people get on a
normal bus but the driver keeps tapping one of the keys on his ticket
box thing (keeps coming up on the display as travelcard and pipping)