Old August 20th 03, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Fares From January 2004

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:10:33 +0100, CJG
wrote:

Apparently all fares are going up by 25% on the Tube.

No they aren't. I suggest you read and fully digest the TfL press
announcement and associated document with all of the fare levels listed
in it.

And the 70p bus fare is going up to £1. I guess the £1 fare is going up
to?

Only if you pay cash. 70p is ridiculously cheap for bus travel compared
to commercial rates in the remainder of the country.

Anyway 25%???? Just a tiny bit over the rate of inflation then?

Not all fares are going up by 25%.

Anyway I think considering LU fares are a rip off already. 25% rise is
just taking the ****.
But then thankfully I won't be living in London by next year. So Im not
all that bothered.

Lucky Yorkshire or wherever it is you are moving to. Tell us when
you're leaving - I'm sure we'll come to wave you off.

I do feel sorry for commuters who to be honest do pay over the odds for
a **** service.

That's nice.

The thing is. LU provide a service like they do. Then charge these
fares. And then can't understand why people are queuing up to bash them.

Here you go again - trying to justify assaults on LUL staff. Have you
tried an anger management course?
--
Paul C