Old May 22nd 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Connectivity

In article , Tom
Anderson writes
I'm just a little irked that they didn't build the stuff in that area a
bit more smoothly when they had the chance (with the WLL further to the
east, for example). I'm not too hot on my history, though; the WLL
probably predates the District line.

It does: the original District Line came west from Gloucester Road and
HSK (converging routes) then diverged to meet the WLL facing both north
and south.

Initially there was no station on the middle section. Earl's Court was
built later, and was initially on the *east* side of the road; it got
moved west later.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: